Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5K training fail

Ha. Ok, so every time I run, I go the same distance which is about 6.5 km but today I wanted to find out how long it would take me to do just 5 km. And then PR from there. So, as I was out, I decided to turn around at 2.5 km and head back. After doing so, I realized my distance wasn't measuring the same on the way back and it should take me longer to get back to my car. Well, it didn't help the fact that I took a little detour on the way back also. Completely forgetting what I was doing. So, I got back to my car at 4.32 km. I kept telling myself, "I'll just pass the car and turn back around." Nope, when I saw the car, I was done. Ha. So I will have to try again tomorrow. That's if I can walk tomorrow! I am so sore. I know I need to take a rest day but I feel like I'm flaking out. Oh well. :)

I also am really excited to be getting my Brooks on Friday! I can't wait to try them out! Oh and I almost forgot to mention I almost got attacked by geese! I kid. Although they were probably thinking about it. There is a part of my run where there is a ramp that leads down to the water and some grassy area around it. Well, the geese and their new goslings love to chill right here. I hate it, because they poop on the sidewalk and it drives me crazy. They always hang out on the sidewalk too, where I have to run and they always hiss at me when I pass them. Trust me, I am more scared of them than they are of me. Haha. 

Well, I am going to clean out the refrigerator even though it is 11 pm because Liam and I have been sleeping it till 10:30 am lately (bliss!)  and I don't want to do it tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment