Saturday, June 23, 2012

Been thinkin...

I just want to clarify that I am not a writer. I never have been, probably never will be. I remember once telling my sophomore English teacher that I just couldn't write well. I mean, I could if I sat for hours thinking of a good way to word things but I really didn't want to do that. I know my blog probably sucks but I honestly don't care. I write it for myself (and my imaginary followers) because I want to remember things. There are so many things I never want to forget. So this blog may be written awfully but who gives a damn. :)

I have had a lot of things on my plate lately. Not necessarily bad things, just a lot of things. 

*My sister started babysitting her "boyfriend's boss's daughter" so Liam has had a play mate for a couple weeks now for about 7 hours a day. This little girl is so sweet and is great company for Liam and it lets me get stuff done because he's not attached to my hip. Well, my sister is going out of town this Thursday and I will be taking over babysitting from then on, which will be nice money wise. Not to mention, one of my "mom's teacher friend's son" is expecting a baby and long story short, the mother has no family here and needs a babysitter and wants me to babysit her newborn in February! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am! So, I may have a little daycare on my hands haha.


*I got the new iPhone 4s, which I am so in love with! My HTC Inspire went to Android Heaven. I was very sad about it. A couple weeks ago, it started messing up after I had popped the case off of it and the battery fell out. Then it just started messing up and never recovered. 

*I don't even know where to start about my weight loss/running/healthy eating blah blah blah. I got sick a few weeks ago (tonsillitis possibly) and haven't been in the mood to do any working out of any sort. However, recently, I was watching a video on Youtube my dad showed me of a little girl from another country who sings very well. It got me thinking, "I wonder if my dad ever wishes my sister or I were that talented." I bet that little girl's father is so proud of her. And I wanted that. Badly. I wanted my dad and mom to be proud of me. I craved it! I'm not exactly the ideal daughter, hello single mother. But I want my mom and dad to be like, "That's MY daughter!" So I have changed some things. A lot of things really. I have approached things differently, taken better care of myself and Liam, etc. Also, I was driving one day and saw a mother jogging and her son, about 8 or 9 y/o, was jogging with her! That will be Liam! And myself! :D

*One thing, I have never really talked about on this blog is my "mouth journey". Basically, my whole mouth is screwed up. Missing teeth, under bite, braces x2, etc. We had been waiting to hear back from our insurance company to cover the surgery to fix my jaw and they denied it! What the HELL?! I cried, for realz. I wasn't expecting it to get denied so we have been looking at other options. Appealing, taking it to court, paying for it, we're getting desperate. It's been a long journey that I am ready to be over with.

*I'm ready to start running again. I feel like I go through running spurts where I'll run for months, then won't run at all. I'm letting myself down. I had so many plans of 5ks and races I wanted to do but haven't signed up for any at all. But Monday, I am making myself start training for a 5k. Hopefully the Firecracker 5k in July. :)

*I went to a mother's night out last night at a German restaurant and it was awesome. Let me say that the night consisted of lots of drinks, a tattoo parlor (though no one got anything!), walking around downtown at 1 am and playing pool with a bunch of college kids. I felt old. These were my peeps and they shunned us haha. Oh well, we had drunken fun!

One more thing, I know I have zero followers but maybe I do...and if you do read my blog, thank you. :) From the bottom of my heart. It's nice to get things down on paper and just to express myself but I really appreciate anyone who reads this (and enjoys it!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment